LSU at Eunice is located just southwest of Eunice along Louisiana Highway 755 on a 196-acre tract of land originally belonging to the Arnold LeDoux family, which donated fifty acres for the establishment of the University campus. The University originally purchased an additional fifty acres and later acquired another 95.83 acres for future expansion. The campus is located in Acadia Parish, near the boundaries of Evangeline and St. Landry Parishes, in a rich and fertile section of Southwest Louisiana referred to as “the tri-parish area.”
The LSU Board of Supervisors was authorized by Revised Statute 17:1521 to establish Louisiana State University at Eunice. Acting under this authority, the Board set in motion the chain of events leading to the establishment of a two-year commuter college at Eunice, with ground-breaking ceremonies in May 1966.