LSU Health New Orleans
LSU Health New Orleans is the home of six schools–including a medical schools, twelve Centers of Excellence, and two patient care clinics.
The LSU Health New Orleans School of Medicine was founded in 1931 commissioned by Huey Long. It was originally located at 1542 Tulane Avenue, adjacent to the then-rebuilt Charity Hospital building, which was completed in 1939.
The School of Graduate Studies was established in 1965, followed by the School of Dentistry in 1966, the School of Nursing in 1968, and the School of Allied Health Professions in 1970. The School of Public Health was founded in 2003.